Thursday, June 18, 2009

Less than a week

Hey everyone, in less than a week I'm going to be in India and I have mixed emotions, but it is mostly excitement! I'm going from BWI to JFK, JFK to Dubai, and then Dubai to Chennai, India. Kumari Xavier, the woman in charge of the orphanage, will pick me up and we will drive to Tiruvannamalai, a small temple town in south-eastern India.

At the home I will be working with the children on their homework and their English, along with just having some fun with them. While they are at school I will work with Kumari to find sponsors and get grants, along with other administrative duties.

I can't believe that only a little over a month ago I contacted non-profit organizations in India to see what kind of response I would get, and now I'm seriously getting ready to leave. It is a little scary going by myself, but I think it is going to be quite the adventure and I'm ready to make a difference.

1 comment: